Barrow fun day helps nursery build a future
Published at 16:44, Friday, 07 March 2014
A FUN-PACKED afternoon of activities helped nursery staff and parents raise funds.
The Roose Nursery fun afternoon fundraiser was held on Sunday with staff, children and parents organising a raffle and tombola among other attractions.
Guests enjoyed pie and peas while specialist stalls offering everything from face painting to glitter tattoos raised a total of £449.89.
The cash will go towards a day out for the children with the rest being invested in an expansion project.
The nursery plans to build a new eco-lodge which will have capacity for an extra 50 places for two-year-olds.
Nursery manager Vicky Bell said: “Thanks to everybody who supported this event and made it the tremendous success it was.
“Everybody had lots of fun and we raised an amazing amount of money which will benefit all our children now and in the future.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- New moto-cross team for Furness (1 comment)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|