Barrow fun day helps nursery build a future
Published at 16:44, Friday, 07 March 2014
A FUN-PACKED afternoon of activities helped nursery staff and parents raise funds.
The Roose Nursery fun afternoon fundraiser was held on Sunday with staff, children and parents organising a raffle and tombola among other attractions.
Guests enjoyed pie and peas while specialist stalls offering everything from face painting to glitter tattoos raised a total of £449.89.
The cash will go towards a day out for the children with the rest being invested in an expansion project.
The nursery plans to build a new eco-lodge which will have capacity for an extra 50 places for two-year-olds.
Nursery manager Vicky Bell said: “Thanks to everybody who supported this event and made it the tremendous success it was.
“Everybody had lots of fun and we raised an amazing amount of money which will benefit all our children now and in the future.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|