Barrow fun day helps nursery build a future
Published at 16:44, Friday, 07 March 2014
A FUN-PACKED afternoon of activities helped nursery staff and parents raise funds.
The Roose Nursery fun afternoon fundraiser was held on Sunday with staff, children and parents organising a raffle and tombola among other attractions.
Guests enjoyed pie and peas while specialist stalls offering everything from face painting to glitter tattoos raised a total of £449.89.
The cash will go towards a day out for the children with the rest being invested in an expansion project.
The nursery plans to build a new eco-lodge which will have capacity for an extra 50 places for two-year-olds.
Nursery manager Vicky Bell said: “Thanks to everybody who supported this event and made it the tremendous success it was.
“Everybody had lots of fun and we raised an amazing amount of money which will benefit all our children now and in the future.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|