Barrow company honoured for helping firms
Published at 16:11, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
A COMPANY that has helped hundreds of Cumbrian firms has picked up a major European award.
ENWORKS, working in partnership with Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency, has helped 854 Cumbrian businesses including Ulverston’s Forge Europa (pictured), the Newlands Adventure Centre and Thornleigh Hotel and Conference Centre.
The organisation’s Resource Efficiency Support programme has won the ‘Sustainable Growth’ category in this year’s RegioStars 2013 Awards, beating competition from across the European Union.
The award was announced at a gala awards ceremony held at Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR), in Brussels.
It has received praise from many influential figures in the worlds of both business and climate change including former US Vice President Al Gore.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow photographer had child pornography
- Time for referendum on Britain's relationship with Europe (14 comments)
- New nursery could save Newton school (2 comments)
- Top award for Millom policewoman
- Lifeboat called to island injury
- Former Dalton pupils gather from near and far for reunion
- Fundraising success on first night of Cumbria celebrity chef charity event
- Dalton rape accused in court
- Zoo boss hits out at council decision (50 comments)
- Lone stork in Cumbria (5 comments)
- Dalton police
- Dalton fire station closes for final time after 140 years of service (3 comments)
- Jack’s the lad to do it
- Day 8: Monday 2nd July
- Fury over Barrow bus pass cuts (39 comments)
- Jetting off for a fun in sun break
- Appeal for information after woman assaulted in Dalton
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|