Barrow coastguard scrambled after man falls from boat
Last updated at 15:15, Wednesday, 16 July 2014
BARROW coastguard crews were scrambled after a man fell from a boat in Walney Channel.
The coastguard was called at 2.43pm with reports a man had fallen from a boat in Walney Channel.
Barrow RNLI’s inshore rescue boat was dispatched along with Furness Coastguard.
By 3.10pm the Coastguard said the man had safely swam to shore and was unharmed by the incident.
First published at 15:14, Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Owners to sell Lake District pub after tragic death of mum
- Pub chain told: 'Stay away' (35 comments)
- Minister may be asked to decide Cocken tunnel row (6 comments)
- Man charged with Barrow shop robbery in court today
- Teen jailed for trying to gas Cumbrian lover after gay sex session
- Sex offender who went on £50 booze binge is jailed after admitting to 'very serious'problem
- £1,500 fine for store Barrow Morrisons boss
- Brazen burglar robbed Windermere house in broad daylight
- Dad assaulted his wife as child slept in same room
- What are the ISA rules when it comes to how much I can put in?
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|