Barrow cash points targeted by criminals
Last updated at 13:09, Thursday, 17 July 2014
CASH points in Barrow have been targeted by blocking devices.
Branches including Lloyds and Halifax, in Dalton Road, Barrow, were hit by the scam yesterday, which sees a device fitted to the cash outlet.
It means customers think a machine malfunction has occurred.
However the devices which are fitted collect the cash dispensed and are later retrieved by the criminals behind the scam.
Police have been informed and are investigating.
First published at 12:50, Thursday, 17 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
As there is cctv in dalton road I hope the police have now cought these crooks
Make your comment
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (19 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success (6 comments)
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton