Barrow burglary accused in court
Last updated at 09:21, Friday, 07 March 2014
A MAN has appeared in court charged with a Barrow house burglary.
Paul James Bloomfield, 38, appeared at Furness and District Magistrates' Court today accused of the burglary of a home in Newbarns on Tuesday March 4 2014.
Bloomfield, of Lesh Lane, Barrow, did not enter a plea and the case has been committed to crown court.
He was remained in custody.
Detective Sergeant John Dilks, said: “We would like to thank the public for their numerous calls to the police following the appeal for witnesses. The calls have led to the stolen property being recovered, which will be returned to the rightful owners in due course.
“The help and assistance that we received from the community cannot be underestimated. We are always grateful for any information that can assist with criminal investigations.”
A second man, aged 23 from Barrow, who was also arrested in connection with the same offence remains in police custody and will be questioned by detectives this afternoon.
First published at 14:36, Thursday, 06 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|