Barrow baby attempted murder suspect bailed
Last updated at 14:18, Wednesday, 27 June 2012
A 25-year-old woman who was arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a seven-week old baby has been released on police bail until August, pending further enquiries.
A police spokeswoman said: "Once enquiries have been completed an evidential file will be prepared and submitted for consideration by the Crown Prosecution Services.''
The baby is now in the care of Children's Services.
The woman, from Barrow, was taken into custody on Monday, following an alert from a partner agency to the police’s Public Protection Unit (PPU).
Police have confirmed that the baby is safe and well.
First published at 23:26, Monday, 25 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Pirelli factory death probe ordered tougher safety measures
- See the full list of Cumbrian offences plus the latest H&S advice
- £1.7BN INVESTMENT IN CLEANING UP SELLAFIELD
- Cumbria sets up links with Chinese university
- BT to recruit engineers for Cumbrian superfast roll-out
- Carlisle's Northern Developments starts student housing build on old Tyne-Tees site
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
Coach, camping and festival tickets available
Book Now with only £45 deposit
Weston Park Staffs, 16-19 August
• Click here to order
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|
|Boosting Barrow and Furness|
|Love your life, Live your life||Community news pages - join the Facebook page for your town or village|