Barrow attack teen locked up
Last updated at 10:08, Friday, 27 June 2014
A BARROW man who attacked his girlfriend while on licence for a previous offence has been sentenced to two months in prison.
Ciaran Michael Light, 18, of Broad Close, Barrow, pleaded guilty to assault when he appeared via video link from HMP Preston at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The court heard that police officers had seen Light pulling his girlfriend by the arms when they attended a report of a disturbance at his home.
He was given a 30-day custodial sentence for breaching his licence and an additional 30 days for the assault.
The sentences will run consecutively.
First published at 10:07, Friday, 27 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|