Barrow assault claim triggers series of arrests
Published at 16:00, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
A MAN was left shaken after he alleged two armed men came into his home and assaulted him.
Thirty police, including armed officers, were called to Ramsden Street, Barrow, after Jonathan Morgan reported armed intruders had entered his house at about 11.25pm on Monday.
Mr Morgan, 25, said he was at home with his parents when two masked men came in.
He said: “At first I said, ‘Are you taking the Mickey or something?’.”
However, he alleged he was then hit on the back of the head.
His parents Mary Thorp, 55, and James Thorp, 78, and brother Peter Morgan, 24, were in the house with him as well, he said.
He said he was not seriously injured and did not have to go to hospital.
“I am just a bit sore,” he said.
Yesterday five men were arrested following the incident.
Two men, aged 46 and 25, both from Barrow, were arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.
Police said three other men, all from Barrow, and aged 18, 21 and 22, were also arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs with intent to supply after the officers were called to a pub in Rawlinson Street and £1,000 of cannabis was recovered.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police officers believe this incident may be connected to the aggravated burglary and have further arrested the three men on suspicion of aggravated burglary.”
Another 25-year-old man, from Barrow, was also arrested on suspicion of supplying controlled drugs.
All of the men were in police custody yesterday.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|