Barrow AFC Gala Day 2014
Last updated at 13:07, Monday, 23 June 2014
THOUSANDS flocked to the Barrow AFC Gala Day to see local dance troupes perform and enjoy the scorching Sunday weather.
As well as the dance competition there were traders, a bouncy castle and a selection of food stalls.
Performers arrived from 10am and started with the youngest of the troupes and worked up to the more senior as the day progressed.
Organiser Darren Herbert said they had been blessed by the weather and it had been a brilliant turn out at the event at The Furness Building Society Stadium yesterday.
The event has become a regular fixture on the club’s social calendar and always attracts a big crowd of all ages but next year’s event could be in jeopardy.
Mr Herbert said the club’s new owners would be ripping up the pitch next summer to level it out so they may not have a home.
He added: “A big thank-you to all the volunteer stewards because without them this event couldn’t go ahead.
“Another big thanks to all the dance schools and everyone who comes along to support the day.”
First published at 12:44, Monday, 23 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|