Ban for drink-drive Barrow woman
Last updated at 15:40, Wednesday, 20 August 2014
AN argument with her boyfriend has resulted in a driving ban for a Barrow woman who got behind the wheel while under the influence.
Rebecca Maloney drove into Barrow town centre at 1.30am on August 4 after sharing a bottle of wine, then becoming embroiled in a row.
The 20-year-old, of Steamer Street, Barrow pleaded guilty to driving while over the limit at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday. She was ordered to pay £205 in fines and costs and disqualified for 18 months.
First published at 14:55, Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (5 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|