BAE Systems Barrow shipyard boss to give talk on Successor
Last updated at 16:41, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
SHIPYARD boss Tony Johns is set to give a presentation about a £300m investment announced last week.
The managing director of BAE Systems Maritime-Submarines will be the guest speaker at the Barrow and District Association of Engineers’ talk at The Forum tomorrow.
Mr Johns will talk about the Successor project – a submarine-build scheme to replace the ageing Vanguard submarines.
The project, which is subject to final approval after the next general election, will require significant investment into the infrastructure at the shipyard and Mr Johns will detail the company’s plans on how the money from the Ministry of Defence will be spent.
The free lecture begins at 7.30pm. Visit www.bdae.org.uk for more information.
First published at 16:39, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works"
- Low water temperature closes Furness swimming pool
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|