BAE Systems Barrow shipyard boss to give talk on Successor
Last updated at 16:41, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
SHIPYARD boss Tony Johns is set to give a presentation about a £300m investment announced last week.
The managing director of BAE Systems Maritime-Submarines will be the guest speaker at the Barrow and District Association of Engineers’ talk at The Forum tomorrow.
Mr Johns will talk about the Successor project – a submarine-build scheme to replace the ageing Vanguard submarines.
The project, which is subject to final approval after the next general election, will require significant investment into the infrastructure at the shipyard and Mr Johns will detail the company’s plans on how the money from the Ministry of Defence will be spent.
The free lecture begins at 7.30pm. Visit www.bdae.org.uk for more information.
First published at 16:39, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with Oxford win: with picture gallery (10 comments)
- McBanned - Barrow drunk's fast food reprimand (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|