BAE Systems Barrow shipyard boss to give talk on Successor
Last updated at 16:41, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
SHIPYARD boss Tony Johns is set to give a presentation about a £300m investment announced last week.
The managing director of BAE Systems Maritime-Submarines will be the guest speaker at the Barrow and District Association of Engineers’ talk at The Forum tomorrow.
Mr Johns will talk about the Successor project – a submarine-build scheme to replace the ageing Vanguard submarines.
The project, which is subject to final approval after the next general election, will require significant investment into the infrastructure at the shipyard and Mr Johns will detail the company’s plans on how the money from the Ministry of Defence will be spent.
The free lecture begins at 7.30pm. Visit www.bdae.org.uk for more information.
First published at 16:39, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (8 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|