Baby airlifted to hospital after being scalded at Cumbria café
Last updated at 08:53, Friday, 13 June 2014
A BABY has been airlifted to hospital after he was accidentally scalded in a Cumbria café.
The eight-month old boy, from Shrewsbury, was flown to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, after sustaining serious burns to his chest and abdomen in a Keswick café.
The Great North Air Ambulance was called out to Keswick at noon on Thursday June 12.
The child was treated by an North West Ambulance Service paramedic and a doctor from the aircraft at the scene, before being flown to Newcastle.
The baby's condition on arrival at the hospital was described as stable.
First published at 14:59, Thursday, 12 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
OMG! I hope the little one recovers! Thoughts go to the parents who must be beside themselves!
Make your comment
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Water supply cut off in Ulverston
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)