Baby airlifted to hospital after being scalded at Cumbria café
Last updated at 08:53, Friday, 13 June 2014
A BABY has been airlifted to hospital after he was accidentally scalded in a Cumbria café.
The eight-month old boy, from Shrewsbury, was flown to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, after sustaining serious burns to his chest and abdomen in a Keswick café.
The Great North Air Ambulance was called out to Keswick at noon on Thursday June 12.
The child was treated by an North West Ambulance Service paramedic and a doctor from the aircraft at the scene, before being flown to Newcastle.
The baby's condition on arrival at the hospital was described as stable.
First published at 14:59, Thursday, 12 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
OMG! I hope the little one recovers! Thoughts go to the parents who must be beside themselves!
Make your comment
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill
- Cumbria fire cuts ‘have decimated service’
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Furness Enterprise legacy to live on after Barrow council steps in
- New Barrow jetty is ‘too short’ to use at low tide, claims ferryman
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Tributes paid to talented Barrow musician
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past