Area of Barrow shipyard evacuated due to small fire
Last updated at 14:39, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
PART of Barrow shipyard had to be evacuated due to a small fire.
Crews from BAE Systems and Cumbria Fire And Rescue Service extinguished a fire in BAE’s New Assembly Shop late last night.
As standard procedure the company evacuated the area. The fire, which happened during a welding process, caused a lot of smoke.
The fire was contained and extinguished quickly by BAE Systems’ First Attack Fire and Rescue Team, who were supported by fire crews from Barrow and Walney. Cumbria's fire service was alerted before 10.43pm.
BAE said there was no permanent damage and no-one was injured.
First published at 14:35, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Man named as Windermere murder investigation continues
- Police investigating fail to stop road traffic collision in Barrow
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- Barrow teen hid bat in his shorts while on plant food
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal
- Sacrifices may be needed to save Cumbria maternity services
- Cumbria bus strike threat looms if talks over working hours fail
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- Barrow woman attacked husband after cider-drinking binge
- Barrow karate kid is magic on the mat: WITH PICTURE GALLERY
- Junior girls football league seeking to build on strong campaign
- Barrow ASC earn Diddy League title
- Cents bid to end their final hoodoo
- Furness ace Natasha scores hole-in-one
- Dalton chef Dave serves up a golfing treat
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|