Area of Barrow shipyard evacuated due to small fire
Last updated at 14:39, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
PART of Barrow shipyard had to be evacuated due to a small fire.
Crews from BAE Systems and Cumbria Fire And Rescue Service extinguished a fire in BAE’s New Assembly Shop late last night.
As standard procedure the company evacuated the area. The fire, which happened during a welding process, caused a lot of smoke.
The fire was contained and extinguished quickly by BAE Systems’ First Attack Fire and Rescue Team, who were supported by fire crews from Barrow and Walney. Cumbria's fire service was alerted before 10.43pm.
BAE said there was no permanent damage and no-one was injured.
First published at 14:35, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Ulverston housing scheme ‘last chance to keep park going’
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|