Appeal for witnesses after sexual assault reported in Barrow
Last updated at 11:00, Wednesday, 26 March 2014
POLICE have appealed for witnesses after a report of a sexual assault in Barrow.
A 51-year-old woman reported being assaulted while walking her dog at Earnsie Bay, north of West Shore Park, at around midday on Monday.
She was approached by a man known to her, also in his early 50s, who forced her to the ground in the grassed area at the edge of the beach and sexually assaulted her.
They then walked together past West Shore Park and got into a silver coloured Renault Megane, which was in car park at the end of West Shore Road.
The woman was not injured during the incident.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the assault, or saw the couple to call 101 and ask for PPU South or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 10:39, Wednesday, 26 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (12 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (5 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- COOK double earns Barrow AFC share of the spoils
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|