Appeal for witnesses after sexual assault reported in Barrow
Last updated at 11:00, Wednesday, 26 March 2014
POLICE have appealed for witnesses after a report of a sexual assault in Barrow.
A 51-year-old woman reported being assaulted while walking her dog at Earnsie Bay, north of West Shore Park, at around midday on Monday.
She was approached by a man known to her, also in his early 50s, who forced her to the ground in the grassed area at the edge of the beach and sexually assaulted her.
They then walked together past West Shore Park and got into a silver coloured Renault Megane, which was in car park at the end of West Shore Road.
The woman was not injured during the incident.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the assault, or saw the couple to call 101 and ask for PPU South or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 10:39, Wednesday, 26 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|