Anniversary date Barrow couple will not be able to forget
Last updated at 12:28, Saturday, 28 April 2012
A YEAR on from the royal wedding, a Furness couple are preparing to toast their own first anniversary.
Just 24 hours after Prince William and Kate Middleton tied the knot last year, Philip and Kimberley Everett enjoyed their own fairytale wedding at Clarence House, in Dalton.
And while the world’s attention may have been on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s big day, Mrs Everett said their own wedding was not overshadowed.
She said: “It made the wedding better, being so close to Will and Kate’s.
“It gave people more chance to enjoy themselves because it was a bank holiday weekend. Plus everyone was talking about both weddings, so everyone was in good spirits.”
Like the royal couple, who are believed to be having a private celebration this weekend, Mr and Mrs Everett are planning their own private retreat, in the Lake District.
A year on from their wedding, the Everetts, who live in Abbey Road, Barrow, said few things had changed since the big day – except the weather.
Mrs Everett, 30, said: “This time last year I was worried about having tan lines from my dress it was so hot. Now it’s freezing!”
The couple have seven children between them, who all played key roles in the wedding ceremony.
Jordan Everett, 16, was best man, while Ryan Everett, 13, was an usher and Jakob Nelson, eight, was a pageboy.
The bridesmaids were Chloe Nelson, 14, Daisie Nelson and Aimee Everett, both 10, and Freyah Nelson, six, was a flower girl.
Mrs Everett said: “Some of the kids have been looking at the royal wedding anniversary in school this week but they reminded the teacher that it was ours too!”
And Mr Everett, 36, joked: “All the coverage of the royal couple’s wedding means I’ll never forget our anniversary!”
Other big events within the bride’s family have also coincided with royal moments.
Mrs Everett was adopted at three months old and taken home on the wedding day of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, which was also her parents’ wedding anniversary.
First published at 10:40, Saturday, 28 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|