Aime enjoys ‘perfect’ end to a ‘great’ year
Published at 16:19, Wednesday, 02 January 2013
A BARROW woman came face-to-face with a reality TV star at a ceremony to reward those who beat the bulge.
Amie Meloy, who manages Slimming World groups in Barrow, was thrilled to get the chance to pose for a photo with Mark Wright at the Slimming World Awards in Birmingham.
The I’m a Celebrity star, who shot to fame on The Only Way Is Essex, now fronts ITV2 show Take Me Out: The Gossip. He joined Slimming World’s founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE to host the ceremony.
He said: “Throughout the day I met so many fantastic people, not only the slimmers collecting awards but also amazing people like Amie who run and manage the Slimming World groups and help them achieve so much.
“Staying in shape is something that I have to work hard at myself and I know it’s not always easy, but from what I learned at the event, Slimming World’s eating plan is such a great way to lose weight without feeling hungry.”
Ms Meloy said meeting the star was the perfect ending to a great year for Slimming World.
She said: “At this time of year lots of people will be making new year’s resolutions and pledging to lose weight, and we’d love anyone who wants to make a change to come along and join us.
“Even if they’ve struggled to stick to resolutions in the past, there’s no need to be put off. Slimming World’s Food Optimising plan isn’t a diet, it’s an easy, healthy way of eating that the whole family can enjoy. By making small easy changes to the way you shop, cook and eat, members see a big difference on the scales.”
In December 2011 Ms Meloy met stand-up comedian Jason Manford at the Slimming World awards.
To get your New Year off to a super slimming start and find your nearest Slimming World group call 0844 897 8000 or visit www.slimmingworld.com.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|