A595 Cumbria four-car crash - police appeal for witnesses
Last updated at 10:32, Friday, 27 September 2013
Police in Cumbria are appealing for anyone who was in the area of the A595 to get in contact after a driver suffered serious neck injuries in a four-car crash.
They are investigating the accident that took place at Moor Row Road Ends at around 4.25pm yesterday and they would like to speak to anyone who was in the vicinity and witnessed the incident.
The four vehicles involved were a red Peugeot 306, a black Audi RS4 and a black VW Golf all from the local area and a blue BMW 320 from the Lytham St Annes area.
The driver of the black Audi, a man aged 40, has been taken to West Cumberland Hospital with serious neck injuries, however these are not thought to be life threatening.
Three other people, who had minor injuries, were treated at the roadside by paramedics.
The road was closed for several hours at Clintz Brow roundabout and Mirehouse Road .
The road was reopened from around 7pm.
Anyone with information can contact Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to PC Denver Matthews. Alternatively they can ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 16:54, Thursday, 26 September 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Furness General midwife admits blunders which led to deaths of two babies
- Cumbria service that helps patients returning home gets extra funding
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Hundreds of Barrow AFC fans attend title homecoming celebration
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (25 comments)
- Special day for Barrow AFC skipper
- Proud Edmo hails Barrow AFC title success: with picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
- Holker cruise into play-offs: with picture gallery
- Furness start title defence in style: with picture gallery
- Glasson take the spoils at Ulverston
- Barrow AFC trophy presentation at Holker Street
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief (2 comments)
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton
Visit our websites for...
Choosing a pre-school
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|