A595 Cumbria four-car crash - police appeal for witnesses
Last updated at 10:32, Friday, 27 September 2013
Police in Cumbria are appealing for anyone who was in the area of the A595 to get in contact after a driver suffered serious neck injuries in a four-car crash.
They are investigating the accident that took place at Moor Row Road Ends at around 4.25pm yesterday and they would like to speak to anyone who was in the vicinity and witnessed the incident.
The four vehicles involved were a red Peugeot 306, a black Audi RS4 and a black VW Golf all from the local area and a blue BMW 320 from the Lytham St Annes area.
The driver of the black Audi, a man aged 40, has been taken to West Cumberland Hospital with serious neck injuries, however these are not thought to be life threatening.
Three other people, who had minor injuries, were treated at the roadside by paramedics.
The road was closed for several hours at Clintz Brow roundabout and Mirehouse Road .
The road was reopened from around 7pm.
Anyone with information can contact Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to PC Denver Matthews. Alternatively they can ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 16:54, Thursday, 26 September 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|