A595 Cumbria four-car crash - police appeal for witnesses
Last updated at 10:32, Friday, 27 September 2013
Police in Cumbria are appealing for anyone who was in the area of the A595 to get in contact after a driver suffered serious neck injuries in a four-car crash.
They are investigating the accident that took place at Moor Row Road Ends at around 4.25pm yesterday and they would like to speak to anyone who was in the vicinity and witnessed the incident.
The four vehicles involved were a red Peugeot 306, a black Audi RS4 and a black VW Golf all from the local area and a blue BMW 320 from the Lytham St Annes area.
The driver of the black Audi, a man aged 40, has been taken to West Cumberland Hospital with serious neck injuries, however these are not thought to be life threatening.
Three other people, who had minor injuries, were treated at the roadside by paramedics.
The road was closed for several hours at Clintz Brow roundabout and Mirehouse Road .
The road was reopened from around 7pm.
Anyone with information can contact Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to PC Denver Matthews. Alternatively they can ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 16:54, Thursday, 26 September 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|