A health watchdog is to host a public meeting in Millom tomorrow
Published at 13:45, Tuesday, 13 May 2014
A HEALTH watchdog is to host a public meeting in Millom tomorrow.
The drop-in session which will give residents the opportunity to voice their healthcare concerns will take place between 10am and 5pm at 34 Lapstone Road, Millom.
Healthwatch England and its regional bodies act as a consumer watchdog for users of healthcare across the country, completely independent from the NHS.
Their role is to work within communities to assess concerns, and then raise them with the appropriate NHS department.
Issues with healthcare providers have been prevalent in Millom for months, with the hospital’s temporary closure of its inpatient ward and the GP surgery’s relocation.
Presentations on the role of Healthwatch Cumbria will be held at 11am, 1pm and 3pm, and anybody is welcome to come along and share their stories, experiences and queries.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (12 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (5 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|