Man found dead in his south Cumbria flat
Last updated at 09:06, Monday, 23 June 2014
A 50-year-old man has been found dead in his south Cumbria flat.
Police were called to Yewbarrow Terrace, Grange, at 1.40pm yesterday after concerned neighbours raised the alarm.
Detective Sergeant Mike Wallace said the man had not been seen for several days.
He added that after receiving no response they had to force entry to the first floor flat and found the man in the living room.
The senior Barrow officer said: “An ambulance was called and the occupant was pronounced dead at the scene.
“He has not yet been formally identified but next of kin have been informed.
“We are treating it as an unexplained death and are looking into it on behalf of the coroner and will pass on our information to him tomorrow.”
First published at 14:28, Sunday, 22 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|