64p auction bid lands iPhone 5
Published at 16:32, Monday, 18 February 2013
ADAM Rose is the envy of many, including his girlfriend, after he got his hands on a superb Apple iPhone 5 in an Evening Mail reader competition.
The 22-year-old, of Barrow, is the proud new owner of a “the thinnest, lightest, fastest iPhone ever” after winning the latest round of the North-West Evening Mail’s reverse auction.
The steel worker with BAE Systems Maritime – Submarines texted his bid of 64p which won by being the lowest unique bid.
The iPhone5 retails at more than £500, and Mr Rose said: “I’ve wanted a new mobile phone for a while, and I was going to buy an iPhone 5, so this is great.
“It’s faster for internet browsing and it does everything really.”
Mr Rose has entered Evening Mail competitions before and said he would recommend it to others.
He said: “It pays off in the end.”
Mr Rose’s girlfriend, Amanda Buttress, 21, said: “I’m jealous, I’ve wanted an iPhone 5 for ages.
“I’ve been hinting to him that he should give the phone to me for Valentine’s Day!”
The Evening Mail reverse auctions have proved incredibly popular, offering our readers a chance to win some fabulous prizes, including iPads as well as the iPhone 5.
In previous iPad auctions, bids of 24p and 60p have been enough to secure the main prize – not bad for a gadget with a retail value of £399.
To win the auction the competitors have to enter the lowest unique bid by sending in a text message.
For details of our next reserve auction to win an iPad fourth generation, click the link on the home page of our website at www.nwemail.co.uk.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- UPDATE: Woman airlifted to hospital and road closed after Barrow crash
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|