50 Christmas trees spruce up church
Published at 16:32, Friday, 30 November 2012
IT was Christmas sparkle all the way on Thursday night in Dalton as the town’s festive celebrations kicked off.
St Mary’s Church has been decked with 50 Christmas trees decorated by various organisations and groups, around the theme of “A Journey”, and the Christmas tree festival is expected to attract 5,000 visitors over the weekend.
As part of the celebrations the church will also be holding a concert with Barrow Male Voice Choir and Dalton Town Band tonight , from 7pm.
Then tomorrow a procession of camels, shepherds and reindeers will form part of the Christmas Parade, along with a visit from with Father Christmas, starting at 5.30pm.
Entry to the Christmas Tree Festival at St Mary’s Church is £1 for adults and free for children under the age of 14.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Letting the train add to the strain (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|