New sweet shop opens in Maryport
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 20-year-old from a well-known Allonby retail family is running a new confectionery shop in Maryport.
Kyle Twentyman is behind the counter at Candyland, which has been opened by his father Adrian, who runs the Post Office, newsagents and Codfather fish and chip shop in Allonby.
The Senhouse Street shop will sell a range of old fashioned sweets and some modern variations, and a popcorn machine will be installed soon.
Kyle, who has been serving customers at the Allonby fish and chip shop for the last couple of years, said he was looking forward to running the Maryport business which opened last Saturday.
First published at 14:44, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Everyone needs to go here! Such an awesome shop!! Sells everything!
Make your comment
- Road blocks due to fallen trees in Cumbria
- Emergency services deal with A590 crash
- Spare cash on rise in West Cumbria
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair
- New assistant chief constable for Cumbria
- Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Barrow man remanded after court appearance charged with attempted wounding
- Man who came off motocross bike at high speed in Cumbria in 'critical' condition
- BOUQUET: ‘So proud’ Isabel waves goodbye after 24 years of dedicated work at school
- Murder probe latest: Tributes made to 'family man' killed in Cumbria
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Second spot ‘like winning the lottery’ for Bjergfelt
- Clancy happy to see Tour come back to Barrow
- Chris lays down the Law
- Millom ace Hawdon hails 'brilliant' Barrow Tour Series
- North Walney better than South Walney - it's official: with picture gallery
- Magnificent seven for Dalton
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture