New sweet shop opens in Maryport
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 20-year-old from a well-known Allonby retail family is running a new confectionery shop in Maryport.
Kyle Twentyman is behind the counter at Candyland, which has been opened by his father Adrian, who runs the Post Office, newsagents and Codfather fish and chip shop in Allonby.
The Senhouse Street shop will sell a range of old fashioned sweets and some modern variations, and a popcorn machine will be installed soon.
Kyle, who has been serving customers at the Allonby fish and chip shop for the last couple of years, said he was looking forward to running the Maryport business which opened last Saturday.
First published at 14:44, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Everyone needs to go here! Such an awesome shop!! Sells everything!
Make your comment
- WITH VIDEOS: Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Man's body found on Barrow beach - next of kin of missing Manchester man informed
- See the action on TV
- Talented Barrow athlete in running to train with Olympic star
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue
- Drunk man threatens Barrow shop staff
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital beats infection-free record
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services
- Couple embroiled in row over Barrow train station disabled parking fine
- Crews deal with Barrow house fire
- Walney beat Millom in Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Magic Maj takes all 10 wickets for Ulverston CC
- Bushby buzzing after winning golf's Evening Mail Open
- McKinley's delight after his golden moment for Walney Cents
- Barrow CC attack destroy Netherfield
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia