New sweet shop opens in Maryport
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 20-year-old from a well-known Allonby retail family is running a new confectionery shop in Maryport.
Kyle Twentyman is behind the counter at Candyland, which has been opened by his father Adrian, who runs the Post Office, newsagents and Codfather fish and chip shop in Allonby.
The Senhouse Street shop will sell a range of old fashioned sweets and some modern variations, and a popcorn machine will be installed soon.
Kyle, who has been serving customers at the Allonby fish and chip shop for the last couple of years, said he was looking forward to running the Maryport business which opened last Saturday.
First published at 14:44, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Everyone needs to go here! Such an awesome shop!! Sells everything!
Make your comment
- Lakes team can’t wait to race with ‘best of the best’ in Barrow
- Barrow race flag design contest gets off to a flying start
- Barrow driver charged with attempted GBH by car remanded in custody
- Evening Mail readers offer to rehome abandoned Jack
- Furness General midwife 'should never work again' - mother
- Cornered Barrow thief caused fracas
- Furness General midwife admits blunders which led to deaths of two babies
- Cumbria service that helps patients returning home gets extra funding
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Harvey wants new Barrow AFC deal
- Harrison fit again for Barrow Raiders
- Fan-tastic celebrations for Barrow AFC: with picture gallery
- Lakes riders shine in South Cumbria time trials: with picture gallery
- Runners make dash for Dalton 10k
- South Cumbrian darter aims for world's top 64
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (25 comments)
- Special day for Barrow AFC skipper
- Proud Edmo hails Barrow AFC title success: with picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
- High toll in struggle for beaches and barren hills
- Verses tell of lost lives
- Town ship took centre stage for major amphibious landing
- Research backs up spine theory
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology