New dental training centre opens in Carlisle
Last updated at 16:10, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
The training provider Training 2000 has established a base in Carlisle.
The 900sq ft site premises at Carlyle Court, Fisher Street, provides two classrooms and an IT suite, and will accommodate up to 40 learners each week.
The company has several sites in Lancashire and has already delivered more than 80 work-based dental training programmes in north Cumbria. It chose to open in Carlisle to provide easy access for learners in north and west Cumbria.
Courses include a level 3 diploma in dental nursing, level 2 support services in health, pre-apprenticeship training for youngsters and a dental nursing cadet programme for those aged 16 and 17.
Michael Hunt, operations director at Training 2000, said: “There has been much growth in provision and demand for dental training in north Cumbria and we are delighted to have established a base in Carlisle.
“This new site, which is central to our delivery area, will provide much needed support for our learners and we are looking forward to further growth in the future.”
Training 2000 has delivered dental training since 2000 and is a certified Training Quality Standard (TQS) provider with excellence in healthcare, business administration, automotive and engineering.
First published at 16:07, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|