New blog will give insight into Western Lake District offering
Last updated at 12:09, Friday, 01 June 2012
Copeland is to feature in a new marketing campaign this month called ‘The Other Side of The Lakes’.
The aim is to attract visitors to west Cumbria with a 12-page destination travel supplement circulated with The Guardian newspaper and across the county.
There is also a website www.western-lakedistrict.co.uk which has undergone a major re-design earlier this month.
A new feature on the website is a regular blog from Sophie Crewdson, a native Cumbrian. She has teamed up with West Cumbria Tourism as part of this major campaign to promote the Western Lake District.
Sophie’s blogs are designed to give visitors and residents a different insight into what’s on offer in the Western Lake District.
She said: “We want to get people talking about those hidden gems that we all love and know. After all creating a blog is just a great way of sharing information, pictures, hints and tips on those must-see things or must-do events.“
West Cumbria Tourism is funded by Britain’s Energy Coast in partnership with Nuclear Management Partners, and also funded by Allerdale council, Copeland council and supported by Cumbria Tourism.
Katie Read, manager of West Cumbria Tourism, said: “This major marketing campaign is a great opportunity for the Western Lake District to showcase what we as a visitor destination have to offer at a national, regional and local level.
“We are providing information to potential visitors in a whole host of formats both online, social media platforms and in more familiar print formats.
“This is a real chance to show what is best about the area and share that with visitors.’’
First published at 11:29, Friday, 01 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|