New blog will give insight into Western Lake District offering
Last updated at 12:09, Friday, 01 June 2012
Copeland is to feature in a new marketing campaign this month called ‘The Other Side of The Lakes’.
The aim is to attract visitors to west Cumbria with a 12-page destination travel supplement circulated with The Guardian newspaper and across the county.
There is also a website www.western-lakedistrict.co.uk which has undergone a major re-design earlier this month.
A new feature on the website is a regular blog from Sophie Crewdson, a native Cumbrian. She has teamed up with West Cumbria Tourism as part of this major campaign to promote the Western Lake District.
Sophie’s blogs are designed to give visitors and residents a different insight into what’s on offer in the Western Lake District.
She said: “We want to get people talking about those hidden gems that we all love and know. After all creating a blog is just a great way of sharing information, pictures, hints and tips on those must-see things or must-do events.“
West Cumbria Tourism is funded by Britain’s Energy Coast in partnership with Nuclear Management Partners, and also funded by Allerdale council, Copeland council and supported by Cumbria Tourism.
Katie Read, manager of West Cumbria Tourism, said: “This major marketing campaign is a great opportunity for the Western Lake District to showcase what we as a visitor destination have to offer at a national, regional and local level.
“We are providing information to potential visitors in a whole host of formats both online, social media platforms and in more familiar print formats.
“This is a real chance to show what is best about the area and share that with visitors.’’
First published at 11:29, Friday, 01 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|