National award for Keswick travel agent
Last updated at 12:51, Thursday, 15 November 2012
A family-run travel agent has won a prestigious national award.
Archipelago Choice, based in Keswick, was named the Best Small Tour Operator to Western Europe in the annual British Travel Awards.
It is the first major award for the company, which specialises in organising tailor-made activity holidays to the Azores and Cape Verde.
Director Ian Coates said: “It is a very prestigious travel award, chosen by consumers. For a small company like us, it is a recognition that we are doing really well, especially considering we are competing with bigger companies.”
His wife and fellow director Sarah Bennett added: “It’s very exciting to receive this award because it reflects the quality of service we provide.”
First published at 12:49, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Browse the ASBO gallery (9 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|