MP wants county firms to take part in Cumbria Day at Westminster
Last updated at 11:39, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Cumbrian MP Tim Farron is inviting the county’s businesses to take part in a ‘Cumbria Day’ at Westminster early next year.
He wants half a dozen small firms to put themselves forward to go to the House of Commons and show off their products in an exhibition to MPs, Ministers and policy makers.
Mr Farron, the Liberal Democrat MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale, has described Cumbria’s food and drink sector as the “best in the UK”.
He said: “I want to support local businesses and our Cumbria Day is a great way to give small and medium-sized businesses a chance to shine on the national stage.
“In Cumbria, we are lucky to be the home to world-class businesses.
“I want other people to see how fantastic they are and this exhibition offers a real opportunity to put Cumbria in the shop window.”
The event will be held on Wednesday February 13 from 9.30am-4pm.
Mr Farron hopes that manufacturing and tourism businesses will put themselves forward, as well as farming and food businesses.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the MP’s office on 01539 723403.
First published at 11:36, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|