MP wants county firms to take part in Cumbria Day at Westminster
Last updated at 11:39, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Cumbrian MP Tim Farron is inviting the county’s businesses to take part in a ‘Cumbria Day’ at Westminster early next year.
He wants half a dozen small firms to put themselves forward to go to the House of Commons and show off their products in an exhibition to MPs, Ministers and policy makers.
Mr Farron, the Liberal Democrat MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale, has described Cumbria’s food and drink sector as the “best in the UK”.
He said: “I want to support local businesses and our Cumbria Day is a great way to give small and medium-sized businesses a chance to shine on the national stage.
“In Cumbria, we are lucky to be the home to world-class businesses.
“I want other people to see how fantastic they are and this exhibition offers a real opportunity to put Cumbria in the shop window.”
The event will be held on Wednesday February 13 from 9.30am-4pm.
Mr Farron hopes that manufacturing and tourism businesses will put themselves forward, as well as farming and food businesses.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the MP’s office on 01539 723403.
First published at 11:36, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|