Milk price rise joy for Cumbrian farmers
Last updated at 14:36, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
Around 1,000 dairy farmers are set to get more money for their milk.
Dairy Crest farmers across Cumbria and the North West will receive an increase of between 1p per litre (ppl) and 1.25ppl from January 1.
This will see a rise for its suppliers of liquid milk to 30p for a standard litre and 30.25p for those on its Davidstow cheese contract.
First Milk has also announced an increase.
Farmers in their liquid pool will receive a 0.5ppl increase from December 1 while those supplying the dairy on a cheese contract will receive a 0.5ppl increase from January 1.
Farmers in the balancing pool will receive a 0.5ppl increase in two stages, 0.25ppl on December 1 and 0.25ppl on January 1.
First published at 14:35, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together