Time to dust off all those antiques
Last updated at 16:45, Friday, 02 November 2012
THE Dickinson’s Real Deal television crew is setting up in Barrow Sixth Form College ready to film Furness people haggling for the best price on their treasures against a team of antique dealers.
Celebrity presenter David Dickinson will be based at the Rating Lane college, from 9am to 5pm tomorrow, with a team of eager dealers with pockets full of cash and advice from David Brookes of 1818 Auctioneers.
There should be fireworks as Furness people lock horns with the dealers to try and extract as much money as possible for their valuables.
Anyone who can’t agree a cash deal on the day can opt to take a gamble and sell their items through 1818 Auctioneers in the hope of getting more.
The Barrow items will be sold in a January sale which is expected to be at the firm’s new base near the M6 at Crooklands.
It will be the show’s first visit to Furness and David Dickinson said: “It’s great to bring the show to Barrow, a town we haven’t visited before.
“People of Barrow come along and get the Real Deal.
“I’m very much looking forward to visiting Cumbria, an area of the country I love bringing the show to.
“I remember visiting the area before in a previous series and the quality of items brought in by members of the public was fantastic with lots of history and stories attached to their items.”
Dickinson’s Real Deal is currently the most popular daytime show on ITV and is regularly watched by more than a million people.
It is now back for a ninth series and David Dickinson and the dealers are traveling the country to see items brought in by the public.
First published at 16:42, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|