Searching 40 years for relatives
Last updated at 12:38, Tuesday, 23 October 2012
WE are looking for help from Memories Page readers with some family history research which could reunite two branches of a family after 40 years.
Susan Mint (nee Holland) has been busy trying to track down family links in the Barrow area and has sent in a pair of pictures which might help.
She writes: “I have been trying to trace my half-brother and sister for nearly 40 years, I wonder if your readers could help.
“Modern technology has allowed me to trace their birth certificates so I have a little information to go on.
“My Father, Richard Holland, married Joan Mary Johnson at the Barrow Register Office on December 15 in 1951. They were divorced on July 4 in 1957.
“They had two children.
“Alan William Stanley, was born on June 20 in 1952 at 45 Salthouse Road, Barrow.
“The occupation of my father at that time was a Labourer in Steel Hoop Mills.
“Sylvia was born on May 8 in 1954 at 38 School Street, Barrow. The occupation of my father at this time was an omnibus conductor.”
If you can help with this search for information, get in touch with Bill Myers at the Memories Page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
First published at 12:37, Tuesday, 23 October 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|