Roxy music night
Published at 14:22, Thursday, 01 November 2012
WE have turned the clock back 25 years to share this super set of Evening Mail archive pictures of a night of big band music at the Ulverston Roxy cinema.
A swinging night was guaranteed with music from the Terry Turner Big Band and popular host Danny Patterson.
They were joined on stage for the Evening Mail sponsored event by Danny’s daughter Yvonne, Cumbria Blend and Geronimo’s Cadillac.
The big band was led by Terry Turner from his drums and started the night with the theme from Shaft.
Cumbria Blend provided everything from Duelling banjos, from the movie Deliverance, to traditional ballads such as Gypsy Rover.
Yvonne Patterson sang ballads such as The Man Who Got Away while her father chose a mix of hits from Bobby Darin and Francis Albert.
Also a big hit with the audience was Brian Judge on solo trumpet.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|