Roxy music night
Published at 14:22, Thursday, 01 November 2012
WE have turned the clock back 25 years to share this super set of Evening Mail archive pictures of a night of big band music at the Ulverston Roxy cinema.
A swinging night was guaranteed with music from the Terry Turner Big Band and popular host Danny Patterson.
They were joined on stage for the Evening Mail sponsored event by Danny’s daughter Yvonne, Cumbria Blend and Geronimo’s Cadillac.
The big band was led by Terry Turner from his drums and started the night with the theme from Shaft.
Cumbria Blend provided everything from Duelling banjos, from the movie Deliverance, to traditional ballads such as Gypsy Rover.
Yvonne Patterson sang ballads such as The Man Who Got Away while her father chose a mix of hits from Bobby Darin and Francis Albert.
Also a big hit with the audience was Brian Judge on solo trumpet.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- UPDATE: Cumbria road re-opens after crash, man taken to hospital with serious injuries
- Disabled Barrow man ‘happy’ as attackers sent to prison
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|