Man found dead in Cumbria hotel room
Last updated at 14:01, Friday, 15 February 2013
CUMBRIA Police say a man has been found dead with a serious knife wound to the neck.
At 2.32pm on Thursday (14), police were called to the Roadhouse hotel in Carlisle to reports of a sudden death.
Officers attended and discovered a man, believed to be from Scotland and aged in his 40s, dead inside a hotel room.
The scene was cordoned off and a police investigation was launched.
Police say the death is not currently being treated as suspicious and they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death at this time.
Officers are now awaiting results of a post mortem which is expected to take place over the next few days.
Efforts are ongoing to formally identify the man and support his immediate family.
The scene at the Road House is still secured by police.
First published at 10:04, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (25 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|