Keys to Success in Ecommerce
Last updated at 23:57, Sunday, 02 September 2012
Setting up your ecommerce business can be a complicated and time consuming task. There are so many things to think about – design, tools, functionality and marketing to name a few.You may be selling the best product in the market, however if you don’t have a website that looks professional, is reliable and simple to use from the customer’s perspective – then your product will not shift. Many merchants don’t realise just how important it is to get their website right. Choosing the right ecommerce platform is one of the most important decisions you will make when it comes to your ecommerce business. It’s worth understanding the elements that can make your ecommerce business a successful one.
Website design is vital in retaining customers. Your site needs to look professional and be visually appealing to the eye. Hiring a website designer can be quite costly, so finding an ecommerce platform that offers templates as a part of the package is a great solution and costs a fraction of the price. Make sure that the template offers settings that are customizable to your needs, so you can control your websites’ layout, add slideshows, banners, change fonts, colours and much more. If you don’t know HTML and CSS (web programming languages), a good platform will take care of that and translate your English into computer speak.
Once you have designed your website, it’s just as important to ensure high usability for the end user. You need your site to be simple to navigate and pleasurable to use. Remember that many customers have little time and patience when they hit a stumbling block and will tend to click off the site immediately. That means fewer sales for you.
Add functional features such as a shopping cart that is reliable, secure and accepts credit cards (VISA, MasterCard) and PayPal payments. Offer checkout pages in different languages – after all, the internet’s reach is global. Automatically detecting whether someone is utilising a mobile phone when visiting your site is priceless – an optimised mobile shopping feature will do that.
Certain top-notch ecommerce hosts offer an App Store feature for business owners. This means that you can increase your website’s functionality through a multitude of apps. For example: email marketing apps, social media apps, ‘upsell’ apps that upsell products when your customer is at the checkout page, and feedback/survey apps that automatically contact your customers after they buy your products and ask them for feedback. These are just a few out of many that your business can benefit from.
Getting it right will not only save you money, but also earn it.
First published at 15:40, Friday, 17 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- Enjoy the sun: Best beaches in south Cumbria (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|