Keys to Success in Ecommerce
Last updated at 23:57, Sunday, 02 September 2012
Setting up your ecommerce business can be a complicated and time consuming task. There are so many things to think about – design, tools, functionality and marketing to name a few.You may be selling the best product in the market, however if you don’t have a website that looks professional, is reliable and simple to use from the customer’s perspective – then your product will not shift. Many merchants don’t realise just how important it is to get their website right. Choosing the right ecommerce platform is one of the most important decisions you will make when it comes to your ecommerce business. It’s worth understanding the elements that can make your ecommerce business a successful one.
Website design is vital in retaining customers. Your site needs to look professional and be visually appealing to the eye. Hiring a website designer can be quite costly, so finding an ecommerce platform that offers templates as a part of the package is a great solution and costs a fraction of the price. Make sure that the template offers settings that are customizable to your needs, so you can control your websites’ layout, add slideshows, banners, change fonts, colours and much more. If you don’t know HTML and CSS (web programming languages), a good platform will take care of that and translate your English into computer speak.
Once you have designed your website, it’s just as important to ensure high usability for the end user. You need your site to be simple to navigate and pleasurable to use. Remember that many customers have little time and patience when they hit a stumbling block and will tend to click off the site immediately. That means fewer sales for you.
Add functional features such as a shopping cart that is reliable, secure and accepts credit cards (VISA, MasterCard) and PayPal payments. Offer checkout pages in different languages – after all, the internet’s reach is global. Automatically detecting whether someone is utilising a mobile phone when visiting your site is priceless – an optimised mobile shopping feature will do that.
Certain top-notch ecommerce hosts offer an App Store feature for business owners. This means that you can increase your website’s functionality through a multitude of apps. For example: email marketing apps, social media apps, ‘upsell’ apps that upsell products when your customer is at the checkout page, and feedback/survey apps that automatically contact your customers after they buy your products and ask them for feedback. These are just a few out of many that your business can benefit from.
Getting it right will not only save you money, but also earn it.
First published at 15:40, Friday, 17 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|