Inquiry launched after Bowness death crash
Last updated at 16:33, Monday, 11 June 2012
POLICE have launched an investigation following a death smash at a busy Lake District beauty spot.
The one-vehicle accident, involving a Nissan Note, happened at around 2.50pm yesterday at the junction of the A592 and Glebe Road, in Bowness.
A woman is reported to have died in the crash.
The Great North Air Ambulance said a 77-year-old woman was airlifted to Preston Royal Hospital with serious injuries.
Police, ambulance and firefighters attended the scene and the road was closed for several hours.
Fire crews from Windermere and Ambleside had to free the occupants from the car, removing the roof in the process.
The woman transported to the Royal Preston Hospital by The Pride of Cumbria air ambulance had suffered injuries to her back, neck and abdomen.
First published at 13:12, Monday, 11 June 2012
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Have your say
I was at the accident, and helped look after the lady that died, so sad. RIP x
Make your comment
- Fans of Swarthmoor singer await Britain's Got Talent decision
- The ultimate guide to Kidfest in Barrow
- Police appeal after woman assaulted in Barrow
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Search for owners of dog found on top of Lake District fell
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill (2 comments)
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past