More wristbands ordered for charity founded by late Ulverston teenager Alice Pyne
Last updated at 08:46, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
THE charity founded by late Ulverston teenager Alice Pyne has ordered more wristbands after selling out.
Hundreds of Alice’s Escapes wristbands were sold at the end of last week in tribute to the inspirational 17-year-old who died on January 12.
More wristbands have been ordered, as the charity, the Evening Mail office, in Barrow, and Martins store, in Ulverston, have all sold out, and the public are making enquiries to buy them.
Some Alice’s Escapes trolley coin keyrings are still available at Martins, in Market Street and Croftlands Park Post Office, in Central Drive, Ulverston.
For details about ordering the wristbands and trolley coin keyrings online follow the instructions on the Alice’s Escapes Facebook page.
More wristbands are expected to arrive later this week. The Evening Mail website, Facebook page and twitter feed will be updated when they are on sale.
The funds are in aid of Alice's Escapes which arranges holidays and experiences in South Cumbria for seriously ill children and their families.
First published at 15:39, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In memory of her best friend Alice Pyne, Samantha Blundell is climbing Kilimanjaro! Please any money you can give is great! https://www.justgiving.com/Samantha-Blundell/
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- Tributes to lifelong Barrow AFC fan Pete
- Barrow start season with Fleet-sinking mission
- Tough run in Holker play-off bid
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid
- Eye Health
- Runners putting energies into fitness