Last updated at 16:12, Friday, 14 December 2012
THE Cumbria Women of the Year 2012 were honoured at an awards presentation last month at Storrs Hall in Windermere.
• Click here to send us your Big Night out pictures
The awards are dedicated to rewarding women who work selflessly for the benefit of the community and this year were sponsored by English Lakes Hotel Group, Cumberland Building Society, Cumbria Crystal, Sarah Nelson’s Grasmere Gingerbread, Levens Hall near Kendal, Lloyd Motors, the University of Cumbria and Cumbria Life magazine.
At the event on November 30, June Hall of Newbiggin, near Penrith, was awarded the title Cumbrian Woman of the Year by last year’s winner, BBC Radio Cumbria presenter Val Armstrong, of Carlisle.
June, 74, a tutor in textile skills, was awarded the title in recognition of her outstanding commitment to the Cumbrian community and its heritage over the last decade, as well as her generosity of spirit and willingness to nurture the talents of others.
Musician Renna Kellaway MBE, who organises the Lake District Summer Music Festival, won the Cumbria Lifetime Achievement Award.
First published at 16:09, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Send us your photos
1. You can use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
2. You can email larger files directly to email@example.com
3. You can send us photos from your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
The form . . .
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|