Last updated at 16:12, Friday, 14 December 2012
THE Cumbria Women of the Year 2012 were honoured at an awards presentation last month at Storrs Hall in Windermere.
• Click here to send us your Big Night out pictures
The awards are dedicated to rewarding women who work selflessly for the benefit of the community and this year were sponsored by English Lakes Hotel Group, Cumberland Building Society, Cumbria Crystal, Sarah Nelson’s Grasmere Gingerbread, Levens Hall near Kendal, Lloyd Motors, the University of Cumbria and Cumbria Life magazine.
At the event on November 30, June Hall of Newbiggin, near Penrith, was awarded the title Cumbrian Woman of the Year by last year’s winner, BBC Radio Cumbria presenter Val Armstrong, of Carlisle.
June, 74, a tutor in textile skills, was awarded the title in recognition of her outstanding commitment to the Cumbrian community and its heritage over the last decade, as well as her generosity of spirit and willingness to nurture the talents of others.
Musician Renna Kellaway MBE, who organises the Lake District Summer Music Festival, won the Cumbria Lifetime Achievement Award.
First published at 16:09, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Send us your photos
1. You can use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
2. You can email larger files directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. You can send us photos from your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
The form . . .
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|