Woman missing from Cumbria hospital
Last updated at 08:33, Monday, 20 January 2014
A WOMAN who has gone missing from a Cumbria hospital is believed to be in Lancashire
Police are "very concerned" for the welfare of the young woman, who was last seen at about 7am.
Urgent appeals were issued for her or anyone who sees her to contact the Cumbria force.
But officers now think the woman, thought to be using the name Sarah Wood, is in Lancashire. Cumbria police say she has been identified as a missing person from there, though no details are available.
She is described as white and of average build and in her mid to late twenties.
She has dark collar-length hair and it is thought she is wearing a green jumper, black trousers and calf-length zip-up black boots. It is believed the woman had access to a car.
Cumbria detective inspector Craig Smith said earlier today: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen a woman matching the description to get in touch with us.
"We are very concerned for her welfare. If you are the woman who we are searching for, please understand that you have done nothing wrong and we want to hear from you. I would urge anyone who may have seen her to get in touch.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101.
First published at 09:35, Saturday, 18 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|