Woman in hospital after A595 crash
Last updated at 10:53, Friday, 11 May 2012
A WOMAN has been flown to hospital after a collision on the A595 near Broughton.
A Citroen Saxo and a Fiat 500 collided near the junction between the A595 and the A5093 shortly before 4.50pm.
The female driver of the Citroen was flown to hospital. It was not clear how serious her injuries were.
The male driver of the Fiat was not believed to be injured.
Police closed the road to deal with the casualty, but it has now re-opened.
Meanwhile, a car and a van collided on the M6 southbound at 3.44pm between junction 39 and 38 and the road has been closed to allow emergency services to attend.
One man in his fifties was flown to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesborough, the Great North Air Ambulance reported.
A diversion has been put in place along the A6 into Kendal and drivers are being urged to be patient.
The road is congested nearly as far as junction 40 at Penrith.
First published at 16:45, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- New moto-cross team for Furness (1 comment)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|