Woman in hospital after A595 crash
Last updated at 10:53, Friday, 11 May 2012
A WOMAN has been flown to hospital after a collision on the A595 near Broughton.
A Citroen Saxo and a Fiat 500 collided near the junction between the A595 and the A5093 shortly before 4.50pm.
The female driver of the Citroen was flown to hospital. It was not clear how serious her injuries were.
The male driver of the Fiat was not believed to be injured.
Police closed the road to deal with the casualty, but it has now re-opened.
Meanwhile, a car and a van collided on the M6 southbound at 3.44pm between junction 39 and 38 and the road has been closed to allow emergency services to attend.
One man in his fifties was flown to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesborough, the Great North Air Ambulance reported.
A diversion has been put in place along the A6 into Kendal and drivers are being urged to be patient.
The road is congested nearly as far as junction 40 at Penrith.
First published at 16:45, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|