Woman in hospital after A595 crash
Last updated at 10:53, Friday, 11 May 2012
A WOMAN has been flown to hospital after a collision on the A595 near Broughton.
A Citroen Saxo and a Fiat 500 collided near the junction between the A595 and the A5093 shortly before 4.50pm.
The female driver of the Citroen was flown to hospital. It was not clear how serious her injuries were.
The male driver of the Fiat was not believed to be injured.
Police closed the road to deal with the casualty, but it has now re-opened.
Meanwhile, a car and a van collided on the M6 southbound at 3.44pm between junction 39 and 38 and the road has been closed to allow emergency services to attend.
One man in his fifties was flown to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesborough, the Great North Air Ambulance reported.
A diversion has been put in place along the A6 into Kendal and drivers are being urged to be patient.
The road is congested nearly as far as junction 40 at Penrith.
First published at 16:45, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|