Woman in hospital after A595 crash
Last updated at 10:53, Friday, 11 May 2012
A WOMAN has been flown to hospital after a collision on the A595 near Broughton.
A Citroen Saxo and a Fiat 500 collided near the junction between the A595 and the A5093 shortly before 4.50pm.
The female driver of the Citroen was flown to hospital. It was not clear how serious her injuries were.
The male driver of the Fiat was not believed to be injured.
Police closed the road to deal with the casualty, but it has now re-opened.
Meanwhile, a car and a van collided on the M6 southbound at 3.44pm between junction 39 and 38 and the road has been closed to allow emergency services to attend.
One man in his fifties was flown to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesborough, the Great North Air Ambulance reported.
A diversion has been put in place along the A6 into Kendal and drivers are being urged to be patient.
The road is congested nearly as far as junction 40 at Penrith.
First published at 16:45, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|