Woman found in Barrow street with head injuries 'fell over'
Last updated at 16:15, Sunday, 30 December 2012
POLICE believe a woman found lying in a Barrow town centre street with head injuries had fallen over.
Barrow CID had been investigating after the woman was found on the ground in Sidney Street in the early hours of Sunday December 23.
Police were not made aware of the incident until Thursday December 27.
Officers were making enquiries to establish how the woman sustained the injuries and appealed to members of the public who may have been in the area of Sidney Street around this time.
But a CID spokesman said today that officers had tracked the woman's movements and it appears she fell over.
He said officers do not believe there was any criminal activity.
First published at 14:37, Saturday, 29 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|