Woman found in Barrow street with head injuries 'fell over'
Last updated at 16:15, Sunday, 30 December 2012
POLICE believe a woman found lying in a Barrow town centre street with head injuries had fallen over.
Barrow CID had been investigating after the woman was found on the ground in Sidney Street in the early hours of Sunday December 23.
Police were not made aware of the incident until Thursday December 27.
Officers were making enquiries to establish how the woman sustained the injuries and appealed to members of the public who may have been in the area of Sidney Street around this time.
But a CID spokesman said today that officers had tracked the woman's movements and it appears she fell over.
He said officers do not believe there was any criminal activity.
First published at 14:37, Saturday, 29 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|