Woman dies in Lakes smash
Last updated at 21:18, Sunday, 10 June 2012
A WOMAN has died following a serious crash in Bowness.
The accident happened at 2.50pm today in Glebe Road, Bowness.
The 68-year-old woman, from Buckinghamshire, died at the scene.
A 77-year-old woman was also flown to Royal Preston Hospital with serious injuries.
Police, ambulance and fire services attended the scene this afternoon.
Windermere and Ambleside fire crews were forced to remove the roof of the car to free the people inside.
Glebe Road is now open again following the crash.
First published at 17:09, Sunday, 10 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I was at the accident, and helped look after the lady that died, so sad. RIP x
Make your comment
- New A590 signs branded a waste of money (2 comments)
- Date set in child sex offence sentencing for former Barrow man
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Ulverston pupils put their talents to the test
- Memory of Millom man lives on as £5k is raised for charity
- Fostering call made after shock figures revealed in Cumbria
- Campaigners change strategy in battle for Ulverston town centre’s soul (7 comments)
- Tayla-made campaign will keep life-saving on track
- Runners pound Dalton streets in 10k event
- Vickerstown reserves complete cup double: with picture gallery
- Dalton beat the rain and Carlisle
- Raiders coach blames Crusaders defeat on indiscipline
- Newbarns crowned Furness hockey champions: with picture gallery
- Table tennis ace Bolton fights hard for England
- Barrow U13s produce battling display in Wirral
- Furness schools battle out orienteering finals:with picture gallery
- Millom RL make cup progress
- Barrow Raiders suffer defeat at North Wales (3 comments)
- CONFERENCE North’s sharpest shooters
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station
- Did resurrection man become slave trader?
- I’m still having DIY flashbacks