Woman dies in Lakes smash
Last updated at 21:18, Sunday, 10 June 2012
A WOMAN has died following a serious crash in Bowness.
The accident happened at 2.50pm today in Glebe Road, Bowness.
The 68-year-old woman, from Buckinghamshire, died at the scene.
A 77-year-old woman was also flown to Royal Preston Hospital with serious injuries.
Police, ambulance and fire services attended the scene this afternoon.
Windermere and Ambleside fire crews were forced to remove the roof of the car to free the people inside.
Glebe Road is now open again following the crash.
First published at 17:09, Sunday, 10 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I was at the accident, and helped look after the lady that died, so sad. RIP x
Make your comment
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue
- Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Drunk man threatens Barrow shop staff
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital beats infection-free record
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services
- Couple embroiled in row over Barrow train station disabled parking fine
- Crews deal with Barrow house fire
- Hunt for South Cumbria charity thief
- Sun shines as food fans line Ulverston streets
- Police search for missing Barrow man
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace (2 comments)
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia