Woman dies in Lakes smash
Last updated at 21:18, Sunday, 10 June 2012
A WOMAN has died following a serious crash in Bowness.
The accident happened at 2.50pm today in Glebe Road, Bowness.
The 68-year-old woman, from Buckinghamshire, died at the scene.
A 77-year-old woman was also flown to Royal Preston Hospital with serious injuries.
Police, ambulance and fire services attended the scene this afternoon.
Windermere and Ambleside fire crews were forced to remove the roof of the car to free the people inside.
Glebe Road is now open again following the crash.
First published at 17:09, Sunday, 10 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I was at the accident, and helped look after the lady that died, so sad. RIP x
Make your comment
- Road blocks due to fallen trees in Cumbria
- Emergency services deal with A590 crash
- Spare cash on rise in West Cumbria
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair
- New assistant chief constable for Cumbria
- Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Barrow man remanded after court appearance charged with attempted wounding
- Man who came off motocross bike at high speed in Cumbria in 'critical' condition
- BOUQUET: ‘So proud’ Isabel waves goodbye after 24 years of dedicated work at school
- Murder probe latest: Tributes made to 'family man' killed in Cumbria
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Second spot ‘like winning the lottery’ for Bjergfelt
- Clancy happy to see Tour come back to Barrow
- Chris lays down the Law
- Millom ace Hawdon hails 'brilliant' Barrow Tour Series
- North Walney better than South Walney - it's official: with picture gallery
- Magnificent seven for Dalton
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture