Woman dies in Lakes smash
Last updated at 21:18, Sunday, 10 June 2012
A WOMAN has died following a serious crash in Bowness.
The accident happened at 2.50pm today in Glebe Road, Bowness.
The 68-year-old woman, from Buckinghamshire, died at the scene.
A 77-year-old woman was also flown to Royal Preston Hospital with serious injuries.
Police, ambulance and fire services attended the scene this afternoon.
Windermere and Ambleside fire crews were forced to remove the roof of the car to free the people inside.
Glebe Road is now open again following the crash.
First published at 17:09, Sunday, 10 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I was at the accident, and helped look after the lady that died, so sad. RIP x
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Barrow AFC leading Tamworth to boost title chance
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Saturday nights with Barrow Raiders good for me
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- Tributes to lifelong Barrow AFC fan Pete
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid